[permaculture] Two models for implementing change - what do you think?

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 14:42:23 EDT 2012

I understand the first is a response list. I personally would never stop at response, that's all. On the second list, my initial thought about how to "create urgency" was the first thing we cover in a PDC which is an assessment of the actual state of our environment. That tends to create urgency for anybody who actually considers the information, as you point out. I would approach each of those steps as a permaculture designer, so wouldn't fall prey to the FOX news manipulation syndrome, but I do understand that it could be interpreted that way.

There are many ways to create change; the Transition model is another model that has worked. This list is simplistic, and there are a number of things that appear unrealistic or out of sequence such as forming a powerful coalition right after the first step and before visioning. I would put that step pretty far down the list.  How can you have a coalition if there is no common vision?

I feel some of the concepts are powerful, when used with judgement and insight.