[permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture

ChildrensPeaceGuild childrenspeaceguild at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 20:48:25 EDT 2012

Despite one's personal opinion of Martha, there's no denying her influence. I have relatives and friends who, for years, rolled the eyes at the mere mention of "organic." Once Martha lauded the benefits however, they immediately began supporting organic food.

There used to be a great homesteading/permaculture zine published by a collective of women outside Cottage Grove, Oregon. One regular section was called "Gleaned from the Land of the Living" and it featured their (admittedly reluctant and begrudging) favorite recipes and ideas from Martha Stewart Living magazine. Classic example of opposite ends of the spectrum finding common ground.

 -Roman
Children's Permaculture Guild