[permaculture] Article: "In Africa’s Vanishing Forests, the Benefits of Bamboo"

sals3 sals3 at cox.net
Thu Mar 15 12:31:55 EDT 2012

like sugar cane

----- Original Message -----
From: "loren luyendyk" <loren at sborganics.com>
To: "Permaculture Listserve" <permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:21 AM
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Article: "In Africa’s Vanishing Forests, the
Benefits of Bamboo"

In warmer climates you can also propagate bamboo by laying the culms (full
grown shoots) horizontally in a shallow trench and keeping moist for several
months.  New shoots will sprout from the nodes.  In this way you can make
many plants from one culm.

Loren Luyendyk
ISA Certified Arborist #WE 7805A
Permaculture Design & Education