[permaculture] Article: "In Africa’s Vanishing Forests, the Benefits of Bamboo"

loren luyendyk loren at sborganics.com
Thu Mar 15 03:21:46 EDT 2012

In warmer climates you can also propagate bamboo by laying the culms (full grown shoots) horizontally in a shallow trench and keeping moist for several months.  New shoots will sprout from the nodes.  In this way you can make many plants from one culm.

Loren Luyendyk
ISA Certified Arborist #WE 7805A
Permaculture Design & Education
(805) 452-8249