[permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 13 16:30:40 EDT 2012

On 3/13/2012 3:30 PM, paul wheaton wrote:
> That is excellent news Toby!
>
> Please, please, please let us know if you see a huge surge in sales!
>
> I think we are seeing a lot of interest in permaculture from
> non-traditional vectors.   Indicators of being on the edge of going
> mainstream.

If interest in local, sustainable farming for local sales is any
indication, this started 10-15 years ago. Ex. A national chain
industrial and construction equipment rental business had at least one
employee, a desk clerk, and his family attend a weekend-long local
sustainable farm tour, going from farm to farm in a guided tour over a
two day period. He told me they all thoroughly enjoyed it. With the
image permaculture now has in the nation's view I would imagine a
permaculture site or farm tour would be just as attractive and
interesting to these folks, basically blue and white collar employees.
I am sure they will have seen the thousands of homemade YouTube videos
on homeowner do-it-yourself projects.