[permaculture] Invasion of the flying robots - CNN.com - improved off grid power equipment for the future...

John D'hondt dhondt at eircom.net
Mon Mar 5 15:41:55 EST 2012

If the military is using it the general public may not get to see it or
benefit from it at all.
I have been trying for months to get my hands on some new Ni-Fe
(nickel-iron) batteries because they are supposed to be non polluting and
able to outlast lead-acid many times.
This is an old technology. Invented in Scandinavia I think more than a
century ago but now only made in China. Then how come that only the military
and mining companies seem to be able to source them?
I can only buy those batteries directly from the manufacturer in China and
am stuck upon an import licence that is impossible to get.

Improved off- grid technology would be extremely wellcome at this stage but
as long as it is not available somewhere nearby to us, the general
population and at a reasonable price...
john