[permaculture] Invasion of the flying robots - CNN.com - improved off grid power equipment for the future...

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Sun Mar 4 22:40:40 EST 2012

Better battery technology is a fine thing, maybe, depending of course on its
consequences, intended and unintended. I don't mind spying, I always hope
the government reads everything I write, lol,  but mostly I was thinking of
how these will be repurposed as weapons.  There's a considerable amount of
discussion elsewhere about do-it-yourself drone technology, and the uses of
swarms of such in combat, terrorism, or other forms of violent mayhem, such
as the upcoming attacks on Iran. Military drones at present have human
controllers, but they are already working on autonomous military drones.
Personally, I think that the weaponization of this type of thing could be
the end game for this version of civilization.  And its happening right now.
I know it sounds like something out of science fiction, but . . .

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2012/02/israel-drones-and-iran.html
http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2012/02/printing-drones-by-the-sheet.html
http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2012/02/drone-swarms-are-here-1-minute-to-midnight.html

Bob Waldrop, OKC