[permaculture] Fwd: [soilandhealth] Re: Off topic - Web Tools Job 1

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Mon May 30 21:20:36 EDT 2011

On 5/30/2011 7:13 PM, Alia Tsang wrote:
> Thanks for this post, it reminded me I've been meaning to look at anonymous
> search for a while. There's also ixquick (https://www.ixquick.com/) and Duck
> Duck Go (https://duckduckgo.com/). Duck Duck Go has a nice write up on why
> anonymous search is important: http://donttrack.us/
>
> For more tinfoil hat points, check out https://panopticlick.eff.org/ (shows
> if your browser is giving out a unique ID) and
> https://torproject.org/(anonymous proxying).

Thanks much for the additional links and information, Alia. I did not
know about anonymous search engines until I read that post in S&H. Too
trusting of me, I suppose. Then again, it is obvious that such net
resources should exist in these times. For those rightfully confused
about the right plugin/search provider to add to Firefox for Scroogle I
picked this one:

OpenSearch Working Icon Scroogle SSL English - 100 results en-WW
(ssl.scroogle.org) by Anon [Review]
http://mycroft.mozdev.org/jsreq.html

It adds Scroogle to the list of search engines you can pick on the fly.

LL