[permaculture] Using Algal Mats as a Soil Amendment

Killian O'Brien admin at pri-de.org
Sun May 15 21:39:53 EDT 2011

I had a neighbor in Florida who used hyacinth as his lawn treatment. He'd just spread it on the lawn, let it dry and mow it in. I never understood why it didn't cause the grass to go yellow while it was covered, but it never did. Maybe he didn't leave it out there as long as it seemed. He had a great lawn, I'm sure at least in part due to all the biota caught in the roots.

Cheers,

Killian O'Brien
PRI-De
admin at pri-de.org