[permaculture] U.S. Policy in Africa

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Fri May 13 14:35:53 EDT 2011

On 5/13/2011 11:17 AM, brent at gp.org wrote:
> Following is an article that I wrote in fall of 2009. It gives some good
> background to current U.S. involvement in Africa.
>
> U.S. Policy in Africa: A New Beginning?
>
> Sept. 18, 2009
> By Brent McMillan
>
> The Center for American Progress recently hosted a conversation with
> Ambassador Johnnie Carson, Assistant Secretary of State for African
> Affairs in Washington DC.

It was news from the BBC radio this morning, probably repeated all day,
that Zimbabwe has elected to turn over farmland (how much?) seized
(stolen) from White farmers, not to Black Zimbabweans, but to Chinese
farmers.

A friend commented some time ago that for some time the ChiComs have
been "acquiring" natural resources in countries that can buy or
otherwise dominate. Zimbabwe was one of the low handing fruits, Tibet
another. Burma, Nepal and most of Southeast Asia might be considered yet
more morsels awaiting harvest, a harvest of others lives, livelihoods,
possessions, land and communities; the erosion, if not eradication, of
the fabric and quality of their society, their ability to sustain
themselves and maintain independence and self-suffifiency.

In the US the AmeriKoms (communism for wealthy capitalists) are doing
same in ways you are already familiar with:

Destruction of fishing as a livelihood in Prince William Sound, the Gulf
of Mexico and next, through offshore drilling in Alaska, continued
irresponsible oil harvest in the Gulf Of Mexico, and the US Eastern
Seaboard? The pollution from oil and gas refinery toxic byproducts of
the land along the US southern states Gulf coastlines after Katrina
is almost beyond belief. See GASLAND to find out details about this and
the impact of natural gas well drilling and fracking.

See a showing of GASLAND!