[permaculture] Aquaponics + Biogas + Green Business = Food & Energy Independence

christopher nesbitt christopher.nesbitt at mmrfbz.org
Mon May 2 13:39:28 EDT 2011

Agroforestry offers a very good energy return on energy expended. It
can be extremely productive. When biologically diverse it is not
easily upset my market vagaries or species specific pathogens.
Agroforestry also provides ecological services, including carbon
sequestration, habitat creation, soil and soil moisture retention. It
is widely practiced in the tropics.

Aquaponics is a fantastically productive, and lends itself to urban
areas, areas with poor or contaminated soil, areas without access to
abundant water. I have been building an aquaponics system and am
waiting for the solar equipment to run it. This course sounds very
interesting

On May 2, 2011, at 4:07 AM, wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> --- On Sat, 4/30/11, Living Mandala
> <livingmandala at livingmandala.com> wrote:
>> Aquaponics combines Aquaculture with Hydroponics creating
>> one of the
>> most sustainable and productive food systems on the
>> planet.
>
> Just out of interest, if aquaponics is one of the most sustainable
> and productive food systems on the planet (which I certainly cannot
> disagree with), what are the other contenders?
>
> Chris
> Texas Plant and Soil Lab
> http://www.texasplantandsoillab.com/
> List contacts: permacultureforum at gmail.com, chrys at thefutureisorganic.net