[permaculture] Haiti Earthquake Relief Donations to Who? some trusted, good grassroots relief organisations

Permaculture Cooperative permaculturecoop at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 03:14:29 EST 2010

*hi Carolyn, try this much earlier post*

*
http://permaculture.tv/who-do-i-donate-to-haiti-through-food-firsts-recommends-good-grassroots-organisations/
*

*Help for Haiti: Supporting grassroots organizations after a disaster is
crucial*

*As we learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, not all aid is equal*.
Haiti’s January 12th earthquake has left thousands dead. Many more need
urgent medical attention.

To donate to grassroots rebuilding efforts, *Food First recommends* *Grassroots
International<http://www.grassrootsonline.org/news/blog/all-hands-responding-haiti-emergency>
*, *Haiti Action <http://www.haitiaction.net/About/HERF/1_12_10.html>* and
for longer-term work, *Agricultural
Missions<http://www.agriculturalmissions.org/donations.htm>
*. For urgent medical needs, *Partners in
Health<https://donate.pih.org/page/contribute/haiti_earthquake?source=earthquake&subsource=homepage>
*and *Doctors without
Borders<http://doctorswithoutborders.org/news/article.cfm?id=4148&cat=field-news>
* are the largest in country health providers left standing after the quake,
and have impeccable records.