[permaculture] Permaculture in Coastal SC

Armed With A Mind Armed With A Mind armedwithamind at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:39:06 EST 2010

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is permaculture. There are lots of good video clips on youtube and google video about permaculture veggie gardening. Some is very specific, some is more theoretic. I've found a lot of good video's with the following keywords: permaculture garden, urban permaculture, sheet mulching, no till, fukuoka, emelia hazelip, ruth stout, perennial vegetables, natural farming.

If you're looking for books I would suggest: Perennial Vegetabes by Eric Toensmeier, Toby Hemenways book Gaia's Garden, or 'How to Grow More Vegetables: And Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains and Other Crops Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine' by John Jeavons.

If you want more of an interactive learning source check out the forums at http://www.permies.com

I hope this helps,

Travis