[permaculture] Gates Foundation/Community Food Enterprise

jenny Nazak jnazak at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 20:01:14 EST 2010

Evan wrote

>My last two cents:

>Here is the exact recipe for disaster as I see it:

>Wealthy industrialists + FOOD+ >Government subsidies = Famine & Waste

Yes, that is an old formula that we don't like. Now, what about:

Wealthy industrialists + a ***genuine awakening to the importance of local food and local enterprise*** = a potential force for widespread progress

I'm not saying that's necessarily what's going on with the report prepared by the Gates foundation, but from glancing at the report, I do feel that it's at least a possibility.

I'm not claiming to know the motives of the people at the Gates Foundation (or anyone else, for that matter -- even Monsanto).

I'm just saying that people and organizations evolve, and that food-consciousness seems to be one of the most common gateways to a wider sustainable-design consciousness.

Jenny

Jenny Nazak
Licensed Avatar Master
512-619-5363

"What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." - Jane Goodall

Avatar® is a registered trademark of Star's Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.