[permaculture] Question about Earth Homes, thermal mass and humidity

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Mon Feb 1 04:47:34 EST 2010

On a tangent, from reading, white roofs have been found useful on houses
of conventional construction in the southeastern U.S. for minimizing
summer daytime heat gain.

There are some relevant comments on this website (see earth tubes):
http://www.passivesolarenergy.info

Also, they claim to cover hot humid climates in a cd-rom book they sell
for a not outrageous price.

There are some relevant remarks at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.Solar_cooling

Doug Woodard