[permaculture] Health issues (was Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology)

Jocelyn Campbell jocecampbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:53:08 EDT 2009

Permies.com already has some great threads on health topics, and I'm sure
with enough interest (activity) another forum could be set up. See the

Eating grains/Nourishing Traditions -
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/2322_0/cooking-and-food-preservation/should-people-eat-any-grain
Kim chi, recipe -
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/2364_0/cooking-and-food-preservation/kimchi
Kim chi, healing/health -
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1573_0/medicinal-herbs/kim-chi
Raw food -
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/2391_0/cooking-and-food-preservation/raw-food-has-up-sides-and-down-sides

There are other good topics in the healing herbs and cooking and food
preservation forums, and a new forum up for Fungi Perfecti, too, which I'm
hoping will have discussions on health as well.

Cheers!
Jocelyn

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Juergen Botz <jurgen at botz.org> wrote:

> On 10/24/2009 04:07 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> > I have also been thinking about the usefulness of having an ongoing
> > thread here in PC that deals with health and longevity for Permies,
> > or Permaculturists, whichever name you like to use.
> >
> > Paul's Permies.Com might want to add a forum like this. Preventive
> > health, problem solving, longevity and nutrition are topics all of
> > us deal with on an ongoing basis. This may be of special interest to
> > those of us here who are over 50 and who come face to face with health
> > and nutitional issues every day. I wonder how much interest there is in
> > incorporating limited discussion on this topic here. Maybe it is too
> > offtopic and should exist in a separate list, something like:
>
> It's a topic I'm very interested in but I'd definitely suggest a separate
> list.  Nutritional health is a very deep and factionalized topic which
> tends to generate a lot of, err, heat in discussion.  Vegie vs carnie,
> raw vs cooked, saturated fat vs un-... the list goes on.  Important as
> these questions are, we really don't want them to drown out more
> basic permacultural issue here.  IMHO.
>
> :j

> Google command to search archives:

Eco Events   |   QuickBooks   |   Accounting   |   206.779.3707
www.jocelynsevents.com  |  www.jocelyncampbell.com

~~please think twice before printing this or any e-mail~~