[permaculture] Svar: Re: David Blume and "Alcohol Can Be A Gas"

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 27 13:19:34 EDT 2009

Thomas Jahn wrote:
> I just want to through the following link into our recent discussion
> about biofuel. Not to support 'my view', but rather to question it!?:
> http://www.discover.umn.edu/featuredDiscoveries/biomassBreakthrough.php
>
> What Tilman suggsets here is in fact growing biomass in natural
> prairie grasslands for biofuel production. The growing principles are
> pretty much permaculture. The ethics of course are not.
>
> You should also listen to the podcast interview (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/326/5952/527/DC2
> )
> with Steven Hamburg, coauthor with David Tilman and others on a paper
> in the latest Science magazine issue with the title: Fixing a Critical
> Climate Accounting Error.
>
> I am not sure if I am allowed to attach the article here, as it is not
> open source but only accessable to subscribers. Maybe Lawrence knows
> and can say something. I have got the pdf and could attach it here.

Sounds like it is commercial copyrighted material; if you posted it on a website
and provided us with a link you might be liable (more like would be). Fair use law might allow you to extract the text
from the pdf and post it to this noncommercial forum; look to see if this is possible. All attachments are removed from
posts should they exist before sending out to the list.