[permaculture] The ibiblio lists I maintain - subscribers welcome(working URLs)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 25 22:13:15 EDT 2009

grifenhope at gmail.com:
> Can we turn this resource into a wiki or other web 2 or 3? Maybe
> integrate the whole lot with earth action mentor, Gaia u etc?

We already have one wiki at:
http://permaculture.info

I have been planning on installing MediaWiki (same as permaculture.ino &
Wikipedia) and using Wordpress as a login portal with BBPress (rom
Wordpress) for forums. This is good software and a resonable combination
though other blog and forum sotware might work as well or better
integrated with MediaWiki. I was going to turn this into a comprehensive
Permaculture resource. No reason why this can't also be done with
permaculture.info.

 > Can we turn this resource into a wiki or other web 2 or 3?

I you mean using a collection of webforums at one site spanning the
topics covered by the mailing lists that could be done, with the right
software, good if it offered downloadable archives, spam filtering.
MediaWiki offers an amazing array of features, cost is user friendliness
and learning curve, especially for co-administrators and managing editors.

Seems lots of people set up a site with webforums. If some of the lists
I have were to be replaced with webforums they would need to be full
featured and secure. Mailman provides a lot of tools offering extensive
configuration options and downloadable archives.

 > Maybe integrate the whole lot with earth action mentor, Gaia u etc?

What are they?