[permaculture] Garden tools. Rocket stoves.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 24 18:08:50 EDT 2009

fdnokes at hotmail.com wrote:
> When will the hand tools be available?

I should have something available this winter.
What kinds of gardening hand tools are you interested in?

I am looking at tools for weeding and tilthing, long and short handled
and seeding rakes, eye hoes for serious weeding and tilthing and eventually
wheeled implements with adjustable, configurable tool bars using welded and machined parts
and garden cart wheels with pneumatic tires on axles, some two wheel, some four wheel.

I am looking for good rocket stove designs for cooking but mostly for heating water in a thermosyphon system with
elevated storage with gravity flow delivery or pressurized. I would like to build it out of cut segments of thick walled
steel tubing (.25" or better wall) and factory made weld-ells and/or weld-tees. Instead of encasing the firebox in a bed
of insulating pebbles or sand I would carve out forms in AAC (Hebel) block to encase the pipes with and seal the joints
and voids with furnace or refractory cement.