[permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 24 03:07:20 EDT 2009

For those interested in farm and homestead shop and appropriate
technology, I have three other lists that I plan on spending a lot more
time in. They are:

Scythes, Their Use and Maintenance
scythe
scythe at lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/scythe

Appropriate Technology
approtech
approtech at lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/approtech

Machinist & Machine Shop
machinist
machinist at lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/machinist

I read Practical Machinist a lot and constantly download tons of great
how-to information and external links to useful resources. I will
pump the machinist list, and sometimes the approtech, full of the
distilled essence of this sort of thing partly to have a quick online
  ready reference when I need it and to stimulate discussion in the forum.

I have also been thinking about the usefulness of having an ongoing
thread here in PC that deals with health and longevity for Permies,
or Permaculturists, whichever name you like to use.

Paul's Permies.Com might want to add a forum like this. Preventive
health, problem solving, longevity and nutrition are topics all of
us deal with on an ongoing basis. This may be of special interest to
those of us here who are over 50 and who come face to face with health
and nutitional issues every day. I wonder how much interest there is in
incorporating limited discussion on this topic here. Maybe it is too
offtopic and should exist in a separate list, something like:
permiehealth or healthypermie ow whatever. If there is enough interest
I will be glad to have this list formed for us. Sample topics could include:
nutrition, food as medicine, recipes, tools and equipment, online
resources and reference material, services, herbs and their use,
ayurveda and TCM, Japanese macrobiotic, raw foods, sprouts, kraut & kim
chee & fermented foods, exercise and problem solving

Just a thought....:

LL