[permaculture] Svar: Re: David Blume and "Alcohol Can Be A Gas"

Albert Johnston johnston.albertg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:46:01 EDT 2009

I have read the book "Alcohol Can Be A Gas".

I highly recommend this book for permaculturists. The point he makes
over and over in the book is that feedstock should be waste from other
processes or selected permaculture crops such as Jerusalem Artichoke.
The protein and fat coproduced  used as feed for livestock, earthworms
etc.  Also the possibilities of using cattails in a waste treatment
facility that produce large amounts of starch.

I especially like the part about using the laws that protect petroleum
distrubutors to establish local ethanol producers as part of a local
permaculture cooperative.

Lately I have been pondering a new definition for permaculture. One
way to define permaculture is ethical capitalism. Perhaps someone can
start a string on this thought.

I am not a certified permaculturists so be kind on the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone