[permaculture] David Blume and "Alcohol Can Be A Gas"

Robert Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Tue Oct 20 18:29:12 EDT 2009

At the Financial Permaculture summit in 2008, one of the groups worked
on a concept for a farmer-owned cooperative that would make fuel from
local production for use in local production with some surplus available
to be sold to the community, another useful product being the "brewers
grains" which would go to dairies in the area, all of whom would be in
the cooperative too.  I think at that level, alcohol production from
biomass makes economic, energetic and permacultural "sense".  Giant
factories using corn to make ethanol for use across a continent is
clearly not a net-energy activity.  Corn is probably one of the worst
things to make into alcohol.

Bob Waldrop, OKC
http://www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org