[permaculture] Donation request for maintenance of this permaculture list.

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Mon Oct 19 17:22:21 EDT 2009

It has been a really, really long time since I set one up.

I can tell you this:  there are two types of accounts - plain and
premium.  The premium account can take credit cards, but they also
take something like 2% of every transaction whether it uses a credit
card or not.  The plain account doesn't take credit cards, but it also
passes on 100.00% of the funds.

You might think you would go with a plain account, but in my
experience, damn near everybody wants to send you money via some piece
of plastic and paypal will say "sure we'll do that for you" and then
paypal sends you an email saying "this person is trying to send you
money, but you cannot have it until you upgrade to a premium account.
Or, you can reject the money."

I would say, in the long run, just have a premium account.  It ends up easier.