[permaculture] International Seeds Day April 26

Brent McMillan brent at gp.org
Tue Mar 24 13:52:18 EDT 2009

Dear Permies:

 From May Roberts of the Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies
(INEAS):

Sincerely:

Brent McMillan, The Steward of Woodhaven
Avilla, IN

Greetings

We are very pleased to announce April 26 as International Seeds Day (ISD)

We thank all those who endorsed the event and are willing to help
publicize the events taken place on that day and/or organize an event on
that day.  See list of endorsers below.

Please let us know by April 1st what events you intend to hold on April
25/26/27 providing the time, place, subject and participants,
email/website.  We intend to send a press release to the media and our
large list on April 2nd.

We encourage those of you who have not endorsed the event yet to join
this important campaign.  There is still time to endorse  April 26 and
help us make it a productive and informative day internationally.  If
you wish to endorse it, please email us your organization's and/or your
full name, website and location (city/country).

This short 8-minute film (in Arabic and English) presenting Dr. Vandana
Shiva is informative and strongly recommended to watch.  It is from an
interview conducted in February by Wafaa' Al-Natheema in New Delhi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-B1yU278zk
Kindly forward it to your list.

The following is a lengthy and detailed report from one of the
endorsers, Grain International, about US agribusiness in Afghanistan and
IRAQ.  It is a strongly recommended reading and should be translated to
other languages especially Arabic and Dari languages:

http://www.grain.org/briefings/?id=217

To ensure delivery of this message, we will email it again from our
yahoo address.

Again we gratefully thank our endorsers.

May Roberts
Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies (INEAS)
P.O. Box 425125
Cambridge, MA. 02142 USA
Tel: (617) 86-INEAS (864-6327)
Website: http://www.INEAS.org

    ISD Endorsers:

Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies (INEAS),
http://www.INEAS.org, (MA, USA )

Navdanya, http://www.navdanya.org , ( New Delhi , India )

Institute of Science in Society, http://www.i-sis.org.uk, ( London , UK )

Brussells Tribunal, BRussells Tribunal, ( Brussells , Belgium )

Grain International,  http://www.grain.org  , (Bercelona, Spain)

The Green Party of the United States, http://www.gp.org, DC, USA

Dr. Vandana Shiva, http://www.navdanya.org, ( New Delhi , India )

Wafaa' Al-Natheema, http://zennobia.blogspot.com , (MA, USA )

Brian John, http://www.gmfreecymru.org, ( Wales , UK )

Andrew Bosworth, Ph.D., www.biotechempire.com, ( Okinawa , Japan )

Dirk Adriaensens,  SOS Iraq,  ( Brussells , Belgium )

Dr. Maha Alsakban, http://www.nwciraq.org, ( Diwaniya , Iraq )

Dr. Souad Naji Al-Azzawi, BRussells Tribunal, (Baghdad, Iraq)

Yasir Allawi, http://www.dental-tribune.com, (Dubai,UAE)

# # # #