[permaculture] Cob Work party Sunday 29th

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 20:31:22 EDT 2009

The Composting Toilet and Cob Work Party
In response to the decrease of available city water and higher water bills we have three in a series of permaculture workshops designed to solve the problem and make it the solution. Why to we flush drinkable water down the drain and add nine chemicals to it and use up tons of energy to process it? Now all you have to do is create a composting toilet that can be used to fertilize your trees. The shape of this small temple will look like a large butt where the cool scented breeze of roses and flowers will flow through with ease. This demonstraition toilet will be featured in the Mar Vista Green Garden Tour.
http://marvistagreengardenshowcase.blogspot.com/2009/03/3983-east-blvd.html
We will also be hosting a weekend of playing in the garden starting on Friday April 24th where we will give you a campsite on the mulch under the avocado trees. Workshop attendees will be fed for helping us complete our eco-wonderland.

Here's what we'll be building on.

How: $20 (30 people max.)
When: 9:00 - 5:00 Sunday March 29
Where: 3983 East Blvd Mar Vista, CA 90066 Water Woman Gardens
What:Building a cob composting butthouse
Who: Ray Cirino cob teacher, artist and inventor (google me or check out youtube)
Why: Save money on water, learn cob, turning waste into food, have big laughs about a big butt and building a living roof.

  818-834-7074

Note: There will be continuing cob workshops every weekend up to April 26th the day of the tour. We'll have students helping us on that day that your welcome to come to and enjoy.