[permaculture] Dieter's email on fire and fertility

sinergyinaction at netscape.net sinergyinaction at netscape.net
Sat Mar 21 20:04:06 EDT 2009

 Hi
one example of sustainable traditional farming in the Mediterranean was mentioned in one of the books of Bill Mollison
(Permaculture One may be?). It was about chestnuts culture in Corsica Island. The people of this area of the Mediterranean
could get pretty much all they needed for their life from the various chestnut products.
Not sure about their fire prevention strategies though, but chestnut is I believe one of those trees that can withstand fires
and resprout after it, as well as cork oaks.
Cheers
Antonio