[permaculture] Fw: Geoff Lawton requests your help - Please Take a Minute to Vote - to support our grant application to promote the Permaculture Revolution

Sean Maley semaley at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 10:20:13 EDT 2009

From: geoff at permaculture.org.au
Subject: Geoff Lawton requests your help - Please Take a Minute to Vote - to support our grant application to promote the Permaculture Revolution
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 6:24 AM

 Greetings all,
Geoff Lawton requests your help...
Please vote on this TODAY! You will understand why this is urgent if you read the email below.
Please ask everyone you know to do the same.
Thank you in advance,
Geoff, Nadia and the team at PRI

Geoff Lawton (Jamal Al Deen) and Nadia Lawton (Abu Yahia)
Managing Directors of PRI Australiawww.permaculture.org.au
Managing Directors of PRI USAhttp://www.permacultureusa.org/
“The history of every nation is eventually written in the way in which it cares for its soil.”                        Franklin Roosevelt

Begin forwarded message:From: "Craig Mackintosh | PRI" <craig at permaculture.org.au>Date: 19 March 2009 3:53:48 PMSubject: Please Take a Minute to Vote - to support our grant application to promote the Permaculture Revolution
Hi Geoff  Would you please be so kind as to forward the message below to all your contacts. We need people to vote for this project, as Green Mountain Coffee are running a competition that could see us get $200,000. This would enable us to not only create this book, but also do a documentary, website, etc., which would go a long way towards promoting Permaculture worldwide. There is only a day before this competition ends…. Thanks in advance Geoff.  If you could mark the email as priority that may help also (if your mail program gives you this option).  Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking a minute to read this and post your vote, helping us get a grant that would go a long way towards promoting Permaculture worldwide:http://www.justmeans.com/competitionidea/10635/promoteidea.html

As many of you will know from a previous mailout soliciting proposals for a book on successful Permaculture projects around the world (thanks for your responses by the way – and although I haven’t been able to respond to many people as yet, I shall endeavour to do so in time) we are working on writing a book called Sustainable [R]evolution: permaculture in practice around the world.  It would profile over 50 sites around the world that are modeling real solutions to the global environmental crisis, linked by the philosophy of permaculture. In addition, our dream is to also release a film, create a website and develop an organization-- here's the brief on what we want to do:

An inspiring global movement is underway that some call the largest the planet has ever seen. Armed with time-tested indigenous wisdom and cutting-edge green techniques, the culture of permaculture is taking root on every continent.  Permaculture is a design system that integrates traditional knowledge with appropriate technology.  By restoring soil fertility, permaculture techniques can reduce atmospheric carbon to pre-industrial levels, key to reducing climate change. The Culture of Permaculture is a campaign including a book, film, and website that aims to motivate a wider public to integrate permaculture into their lives, making a difference through individual action.  The book, to be released next year by Chelsea Green, examines over 50 locations worldwide that model positive futures.  The Story of Permaculture, an animation to be produced by Free Range Studios (following the success of The Story of Stuff), demonstrates the potential of
 permaculture to roll back climate change.Green Mountain Coffee is requesting proposals for a grant that could make our campaign happen, and part of the decision is based on online votes.  We just found out about this grant and the votes are due by this Friday, March 20.  Go tohttp://www.justmeans.com/competitionidea/10635/promoteidea.html  to vote for and/or comment on our idea to help us make it a reality.  Pass it on to anyone you know who might be supportive.  We SO MUCH appreciate your taking the time to do it.

SincerelyCraig Mackintosh (working with Louis and Juliana Fox from Free Range Studios)  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Craig MackintoshIT Manager/PhotojournalistPermaculture Research Institutecraig at permaculture.org.auwww.permaculture.org.auwww.permacultureusa.org~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~