[permaculture] Straw bale source Southern California

Brock Anderson brockanderson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:40:48 EDT 2009

Hey Folks,

I am looking for a local source of straw bales and bamboo in Southern California.  Bales are for construction purposes and should meet the following criteria:

Rice, Wheat, Barley (straw only)
2 or 3 twined (no wires)
minimum of 16" width
Must be DRY (no mildew)

Bamboo needs:

400 eight foot lengths
1-1/2" diameter

I am currently getting bales from Northern California but would like to begin an ongoing mutually beneficial relationship with a supplier/grower in SoCal. I will be buying in large quantities for several building projects over the next few years.  Any leads would be incredibly helpful.  A thousand thank yous!

Blessings,

Brock