[permaculture] food forest shade and soil questions

sinergyinaction at netscape.net sinergyinaction at netscape.net
Sun Mar 15 12:16:14 EDT 2009

 What about using appropriate cover crops/green manure before the planting of trees in heavy clay? Shouldn't this help organic matter penetrate deeper, faster and stabilize within the soil profile..like sorgum or else?
Of course it (can) delays the planting of the trees down of a season or two but it might be worth the effort. Any opinions?
Has anybody ever used EM (effective microorganisms) in forest garden estabishment, either in the hole of the tree or as a measure of improving the overall soil food web?
Ciao
Antonio