[permaculture] After the Fires
keithdj at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 14 13:39:04 EDT 2009
One of the best starting points is on pages 451-456 in Mollison's
Hills can slump after a fire but usually rain is needed to initiate it.
Bare soils on steep slopes can make rain a curse even while it's a much
Bela Beke wrote:
> We live in a recently fire effected are of Australia.
> We are looking for advice, guidance, on how to deal with landscapes
> effected by wild fire.
> Even to know the questions to ask and suggestions to make to
> authorities-(who may or may not taken these things into consideration.)
> Some areas were at least 660(degrees Celsius)The aluminium roadsigns melted.
> Another concern is that some fire affected areas are quite steep and may
> be subject to collapse
> Worst case scenario-Can side's of hills slide down?On to roadways?
> Not being experienced Permaculture designer's we are open to advice to
> how to work with large areas almost
> totaly burned out by wery hot fires.
> Links to literature,books ,practical advice(disaster
> recovery,green(brown) field development )
> on behalf of Permaculture Kinglake Ranges
> regards,Bela Beke
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
- Permaculture Activist <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/>
- Permaculture Trading Post <http://www.permaculturetradingpost.com/>
- Patterns for Abundance Design & Consulting
- Permaculture & Regenerative Design News Blog
- APPLE (Alliance for Post-Petroleum Local Economics) It's a small world
after oil. <http://www.relocalize.net/groups/applebloomington>
- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
- Continental Bioregional Congress Blog
- Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
More information about the permaculture