[permaculture] After the Fires

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 14 13:39:04 EDT 2009

One of the best starting points is on pages 451-456 in Mollison's
Designers' Manual.

Hills can slump after a fire but usually rain is needed to initiate it.
Bare soils on steep slopes can make rain a curse even while it's a much
needed blessing.

--

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
<http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
<http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>