[permaculture] After the Fires

Bela Beke beke at primus.com.au
Fri Mar 13 20:01:36 EDT 2009

Hi,
We live in a recently fire effected are of Australia.
We are looking for advice, guidance, on how to deal with landscapes
effected by wild fire.
Even to know the questions to ask and suggestions to make to
authorities-(who may or may not taken these things into consideration.)
Some areas were at least 660(degrees Celsius)The aluminium roadsigns melted.
Another concern is that some fire affected areas are quite steep and may
be subject to collapse
Worst case scenario-Can side's of hills slide down?On to roadways?
Not being experienced Permaculture designer's we are open to advice  to
how to work with large areas almost
totaly burned out by wery hot fires.
Links to literature,books ,practical advice(disaster
recovery,green(brown) field development )
on behalf of Permaculture Kinglake Ranges
regards,Bela Beke
beke<at>primus.com.au