[permaculture] human urine as fertilizer

Lisa Rollens rollens at fidnet.com
Tue Mar 10 11:26:03 EDT 2009

Dick,  Have you read Solviva, by Anne Edey?  You can also get additional
info at solviva.com  She designed a flushable composting toilet...right
there on Martha's Vineyard, that seems to be a great solution to the
problem.  Black water drains away and solids go into a carbon source
(chopped leaves) with earthworms.  Apparently everything decomposes at an
incredible rate, even in winter.  As a matter of fact, I think I am going to
send for the plans and try it.  Down here in southern MO we have Karst
topography and the soil drains too well...right down to the underground
water...nitrogen and all. Check it out.  Lisa