[permaculture] Fwd: human urine as fertilizer - Steve Read's question re: m/f hormones, etc.

Dick Pierce dickpiercedesigns at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:03:18 EDT 2009

The question:

I was wondering if Carol Steinfeld or others had much/anything to say on the
diff between using male or female derived human urine? There are often
quoted but rarley referenced refenrences by ppeople to hormone content etc
in XX urine esp when  using contraceptive pill. When this is added to the
oestrogenic  homonal input into XY's thru diet/breakdown products of
pesticides/others there's apparently a problem (?) Another quoted thing is a
real or perceived problem with pharmaceuticals  excreted in the urine flow,
perhaps someone has some good references/facts?
SteveR