[permaculture] Colorado colloidal soft rock phosphate source?

Jody Troupe jodyt2 at mac.com
Tue Mar 3 18:46:36 EST 2009

Hello Johnathan-

I'm sorry I don't know of any in Colorado, but perhaps some of the
info below will be helpful. I'm a member of the BrixTalk yahoo group
which is VERY soft rock phosphate oriented, and through them I've
gotten some of this info. I've been trying to put together a
comprehensive list of sellers of SRP for a while, but its been sort of
difficult.

MINNESOTA
http://www.aglabs.com/
Jon, or whomever you speak with at International Ag Labs (IAL) should
be helpful to speak with. IAL sells either Calphos or the Idaho SRP in
50 lb. bags for $15 per bag. They also sell Idaho SRP in large tote
bags for $300 per ton and they quote semi-loads delivered for $200-325
per ton depending on the location and which source they pull from.

WASHINGTON
http://www.tandjenterprises.com/tandj_contact.htm
Thomas Giannou of T&J Enterprises out of Washington is on BrixTalk. He
knows a lot about growing high-nutrient foods. Here is a quote from
his comments when we were assembling the list of SRP carriers:

	"The calphos I sell is pelletized. It is actually a powdered form
that has been prilled with bentonite (a type of zeolite clay.)
	As soon as it gets wet, it breaks down to the powder form. Prilled or
pelletized products are sure a lot better than trying to
	spread a fine powder through a spreader. The lime and SRP are prilled
using bentonite and the Gypsum and Planters II
	are prilled using molasses. I can furnish these products in truckload
sizes, pallets, 50lb bags, and any size under 50lb bags."

CALIFORNIA
http://www.harmonyfarm.com/
California supplier that supposedly carries SRP, but doesn't list it
on their site so I guess you'd have to call them. They do ship.

A source said Fertrell dealers did not have SRP. However, they carry
something called 'Frostrell' ?? (not sure about the spelling, or name)
and that it is as good as SRP. (That would be up to you to determine.)

http://www.fertrell.com/outlets.html

Finally, if you can buy by the semi-load, you can try www.fertilizerbrokerage.com
  and find out if they can source it closer to you.

If you find a closer source for you, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Jody