[permaculture] google satellite images

christopher nesbitt christopher.nesbitt at mmrfbz.org
Fri Jul 31 10:52:17 EDT 2009

Well, the area around here is pretty underpopulated, with no strategic
value that I can think of, and it is definitely low resolution. Its
interesting, the whole border is clears as newsprint, and you can see
Guatemalan incursions from the Peten into Belize for shifting
cultivation. SOme of the areas, up in Chiquibul, have trails going in
several kilometers from the border visible on Google Earth.

On Jul 31, 2009, at 8:10 AM, paul wheaton wrote:

> The altitude of the satellite is fixed.  So if the image came from the
> same satellite, there is only one explanation that I'm aware of:
> government regulation forbids higher resolution. Usually for some
> perceived security concern.
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:01 AM, georg parlow<g.parlow at gmx.at> wrote:
>> might be OT, bu t please tell us the story!
>>
>> best,
>> georg
>>

>> Am 30.07.2009 um 21:01 schrieb paul wheaton:
>>
>>> You mean "low resolution"?  If so, that's a whole different story.

>> Google command to search archives:
>> site:http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture searchstring

> Google command to search archives:

Christopher Nesbitt