[permaculture] Waking Up Syndrome

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 18:44:16 EDT 2009

Also at Huffington Post a blog on why people are so resistant to change and ignore the warnings about global warming and peak oil.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-buzzell/the-waking-up-syndrome_b_248073.html

>From the article:

Environmentalists are now finally realizing that this is actually a problem of human psychology and human behavior, not just climate science, technology or resource scarcity. As a species, we don't seem to be very good at understanding enormous, complex challenges like the ones we're presently facing, let alone processing our emotional responses to these threats and moving into action.

The core problem is that humans are HIGHLY resistant to cultural and behavioral change!