[permaculture] Was, What happened to the third ethic?

nepal nepal.roade at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:13:03 EDT 2009

What happened to the third ethic?

It got sold (or it sold out) like everything else does on this rock.

and the life of the planet got made into a commodity with a fancy new
name beginning with P.

Yes, Permaculture is just one more vertical market. (which can be
thought of as an avenue of exploitation between known borders)

Permaculture is as guilty as any other system of exploitation. It is
still just a different means of exploiting the earth to satisfy
personal interest, but with an apparent 'caring' aspect

This is the core problem, *exploitation*.

Until we stop thinking of the Earth as a resource that can be bought
and sold or even *owned*;

unless we abandon concepts such as mine and yours, needs and surplus;

until we realise that generosity is giving the food out of our mouths,
not out of the surplus pile;

until we can live together in this manner,

we will see no real or worthy improvement in conditions for living on
this planet and more likely witness the continued accelerated
destruction of our living conditions to the point of no longer
supporting mankind as a species.

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I advocate a third ethic which combines the following:
> 1. limit population and consumption
> 2. create a surplus
> 3. share (redistribute) the surplus
>
> Can anyone think of a succinct way to say this?
>
> Rain

Yes,

Put an end to capitalism!

*Now*

IMO, making a buck is a crime,
a crime against nature
( it is an abuse of nature's free resources)

and a crime against the present
(it is locking up the energy of the present for future use.)

and so a crime against life itself.
(living is living this very moment and the inherent freedom of that)

Put an end to capitalism!

*Now*

nepal.