[permaculture] Permaculture Visions' online PDC?

ChildrensPeaceGuild childrenspeaceguild at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 04:01:09 EDT 2009

Keith,

I'll be upfront and proclaim my bias immediately. I took the Permaculture Visions course and was quite pleased with it.

The distance-learning, although frowned upon by some in the movement, allows the student to tailor their homework to be specific to their bioregion. There was no timeline or deadlines so the course was flexible for working folks, parents, students, etc. Comparing it financially to similar courses, it was also easier for low-income and working class individuals.

Also, April's approach was to place the responsibility squarely in the student's lap, and not have them simply repeat/rely on what she has to say. This was very empowering. I found that after sending in my work, I would receive questions (ranging from aspects I might have overlooked to thought-provoking queries designed to make me look deeper) that often made me consider angles I otherwise wouldn't have.

Furthermore, if anyone is interested I believe there is an option to have a sample chapter sent to them.

Feel free to pass on my contact info if anyone desires further testimony.

-Roman Shapla
Children's PEACE Guild
www.childrenspeaceguild.webs.com