[permaculture] Homesteading forum

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Mon Dec 28 13:56:03 EST 2009

I have been active in HT since day 1.  They used to be the forums for
countryside mag.

I have to say that I like the forums.  But you should be prepared for
the mentality of "if you ain't using roundup, you're doing it all
wrong."  And the forums appear to be managed by a clique of rather
hostile, rather conservative folks.  They do openly crush opinions
alternate to their own.  There are a lot of regulars at permies.com
that used to be regulars at HT.

I subscribe to BHM:  there's a lot of good articles in there.  Real
meaty stuff.  And there are a lot of bits I skip over.