[permaculture] Greetings (attempt #7) Question: Do Serviceberries Fix Nitrogen?

dwoodard at becon.org dwoodard at becon.org
Sun Dec 27 14:59:20 EST 2009

Travis, if you have not already done so, you might like to contact the
Ontario Woodlot Association:
http://www.ont-woodlot-assoc.org

One of their publications is
"A Landowner's Guide to Selling Standing Timber."

I gather the market is cyclic and one should have some idea of the cycles
over time. Buyers may not be completely forthcoming about this sort of
thing. Ditto ways of maximizing revenue for the woodlot owner in general.

On some soils low-density ginseng or other herbs may be an additional option.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

[snip]

> ...I'd also like to grow maple and other
> suitable hardwoods for long-term high quality wood products. I'm going to
> contact local lumber operations to see whats marketable around here.

[snip]