[permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 23 20:32:03 EST 2009

christophe mckeon gonzalez de leon wrote:
>> Could you share any insights on how that can and may well be
>> implemented?
>
> yes.
>
> a first step for any site is to just publish rdf alongside their html
> content or even embedded directly into it as rdfa:

This is a lot to digest but I will work on it asap. For now I will have
a hard look at: http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki
since I will be installing MediaWiki in early January.

And:
 >as an example, instead of publishing a flat file containing a
 >permaculture bibliography, of which i've seen a few, publish it as
 >Dublin Core. now any web application interested in that data can
 >import it, redisplay it, make new connections with it, display the
 >relevent books automatically say on wiki articles, etc.. because now
 >the bibliography is laden with meaning which a computer can
 >understand, not just strings of characters.

This is fascinating. I will have a look at Dublin Core to see if I can
make use of it "within the limits of the skills I curreny possess" :-)
I envision an analogy between a ascii text document published in Dublin
Core and an ascii text document published in a word processor with all
the embedded formatting code, though the difference is the the former
uses embedded code to distribute the raw data while the latter presents
the data attractively enhanced, to the user.

Thanks an really amazing amount for your detailed reply. That's quite
the Xmas gift. I'll followup soon and see if we can take things to the
next level.

Marry Christmas!

Lawrence