[permaculture] Manitoba maple and balsam poplar, was Re: Greetings

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 21 22:21:55 EST 2009

I've used all three trees as chop and drop mulch. They can also provide
fodder for goats. Bees use resins from balsam poplar (and other trees)
to make propolis. They could also be used for biofuels. Lots of other
uses, too.

--

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
<http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
<http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>