[permaculture] Greetings

Tripp Tibbetts slowfoodguy at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 15:57:30 EST 2009

Travis wrote:

>Thanks for the advice Tripp and Mitch. And Tripp, as per your question; "do you like people?  You seem like a fairly gregarious fellow.  Just be honest about that aspect of the future. " I'm not sure what you mean by the last part but I am far from gregarious and was a loner and outcast through most of my childhood. I have been trying to be more sociable for the last 8 years or so, and have had some success but feel I have a long way to go. On the one hand I do like people in general but on the other, I see what most of us are doing to the planet and I view us as a cancer-like entity. I'd say that I do like people in general and at the end of the day we are a part of nature and are simply filling our role, whatever that may be.

Well you seem plenty personable in electronic form!  My mistake;)  To clarify my statement, I simply meant that there's a good chance we all may get cut off from each other one of these days, as roads deteriorate with a declining tax base, and travel dwindles.  That's something I'm having to come to grips with, having a huge chunk of forest out in the middle of nowhere as an option for a future homesite, but knowing that I'm a social person at heart.  Keeps me in the city, but managing that forest for long-term fertility, just in case.  I was mostly just reminding you to think about being alone one day, and if that agrees with you.

Sounds like you're cool with that.  Look forward to hearing more updates about your site.

Tripp out.

-Chinese proverb