[permaculture] any biologists out there?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 19 20:10:53 EST 2009

paul wheaton wrote:

>     - legionellae hurt you only if you breathe in the mist.

Now I know.

>     - I don't know what DHW is

Domestic Hot Water

>     - some of your questions are the same questions we are currently stuck on

I'll check the thread.

>     - both solar and jean pain methods appear to be susceptible to
> this problem at certain times.

The solution of using a heat exchanger to keep the water used in the
house, in human contact, out of the plumbing system of the heater
element, i.e. the plumbing and apparatus that is in direct contact with
the source of heat, would probably work to prevent contamination of DHW
with the pathogen.