[permaculture] Impacts of Genetically Engineered Crops on Pesticide Use: The First Thirteen Years

Jack Rowe jackrowe at tinyorb.net
Sat Dec 19 11:36:17 EST 2009

"Roundup-Ready" GMO's were developed in response to weeds' having
become mostly immune to glyphosphate in the southern US... this
was taken as an indication not that the system wasn't working,
but that we just needed to keep doing the same things, harder.
The US Environmental Protection Agency responded by immediately
TRIPLING allowable glyphosphate residues on cotton and soybeans.
Good to have someone watching out for us.