[permaculture] re. JohnRobb; SimPermaculture, a game like SimCity..

LINDARAY at att.net LINDARAY at att.net
Fri Dec 18 12:50:20 EST 2009

I know, and I agree with you 100% that getting outside is far and away better, but Isabel-

Just think of the way it could help to shorten the learning curve, or circumvent subjecting the farm produce and livestock to successive seasons of ineffective theories. I wouldn't mind at all if playing a game saved me 3 years of crop reduction or failure.

I think such a game could be a great teaching tool. Also, there are many city folk who would love using it as an advance practice ground for future moves back to the land. Sort of a way to help plan your dream.

I think that playing such a game would teach the players that being steward of a farm doesn't just consist of what they've imagined or read in books- And it's also a way to get one step closer to the land.

Plus, it would also function to increase awareness of what a farmer has to do to get that food onto the urban table.

I do think it would be a *great* tool for consumer education.

I also think whoever worked the game out would be far better a comprehensive Permaculturist for having done so. For that reason alone, I'd want to be in on programming it.

Anybody know what programming language these things are written in? :-)

Namaste,

Linda :)
-------------- Original message from Udan Farm <udanfarm at yahoo.com>: --------------