[permaculture] Hopniss: North America's best wild tuber? Also Known as Indian Potato or Groundnut (Apios americana). An article by Sam Thayer.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 18 04:36:33 EST 2009

Hopniss: North America's best wild tuber?
Also Known as Indian Potato or Groundnut (Apios americana).
An article by Sam Thayer.
http://www.wildflowers-and-weeds.com/The_Forager/hopniss.htm

"How thoughtful of the Creator to have designed such a plant as this:
that on the banks of the rivers and lakes where for millennia the
Earth-People have harvested their wild rice, a tuber grows in profusion
which, combined with that grain, provides all the protein the body needs."

Is this true? rice and groundnuts (and/or other plants in the vegetable
kingdom) provide one with all the protein the body needs? no B12 tablets
or ovo/lacto/pesco/red/white meat required.

I have heard not, i.e. possibility of B12 deficiency from a pure vegan
diet, but I would like to hear differently.