[permaculture] Common Circle Education

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 17 01:09:55 EST 2009

Vladislav Davidzon wrote:
> Folks,

A little feedback from folks about this fellow's activities. Buyer
beware! This should settle any confusion about what CC is all about;
$$$$ and use PC to get there.

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
Gouged! - by the Portland "Peace and Justice" Center 	07.Mar.2006 17:16
Linda Scott 	pianositter at aol.com 	link

I registered for a bike tour and paid the "non-refundable" application
fee. By return post came a whole set of previously unmentioned
requirements, including rude and intrusive health questions that should
never be asked by anyone but a doctor. When I protested, I was told I
couldn't go on the tour without answering the questions and abiding by
all of their previously-unmentioned rules. This business, owned by sole
propietor Vladislav Davidzon, touts values like "we encourage
individuals to act to improve their personal well-being" and "every
human beig deserves a say in the decisions that affect heir lives and
not be subject to the will of another". I am pissed that Mr. Davidzon
gets to keep my $120 and I get nothing. I am researching the legality of
this and hope to sue to either get my $120 back or be given a bike tour
- sans the "drop your pants and bend over" prelude.

What a hoot!
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
portland peace and justice has lost my support 	03.Aug.2006 12:20
sadder but wiser 	link

Huge scam. huge huge huge HUGE scam. A waste of time and money.
Vladislav Davidzon is a slimy bag of poisonous non-organic fertilizer
for getting a whole bunch of suckers like me to pay him $500+ to go
camping with him and rip us off with a sub par disorganized version of
WWOOF'ing. All this to raise funds for his political candidates. even if
you support his political agenda, it's highly deceptive business
practice. And the trip itself isn't worth the price you pay. So if you
avoided this tour, thank your lucky stars. Hopefuly I can get some sort
of refund; this wasn't anything like the cool service learning trip that
was advertised. I am highly disappointed and wish to make sense of this
all. I guess in the end I've learned to be a lot more careful and that
even people who claim to promote progressive and sustainable causes can
still be deceptive and take advantage of others.

Sincerely,

Sadder but Wiser

Preposterous!
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
Would you like to tell a stranger? 	08.Mar.2006 20:53
Linda Scott 	link

I declined to share the following information with business owner
Vladislav Davidzon in order to participate in his bike tour, though I
did offer to provide a "clean bill of health" from my primary care
physician.

Examples of the type of medical questions (there were 3 pages of them)
required for participation in the bike tours of the Portland "Peace and
Justice" Center:

"Have you been in counseling with a psychiatrist, psychologist, guidance
counselor, or other counselor witin the last two years?"

"Are you currently in counseling or treatment with a conselor,
psychiatrist, psychologist, or prescribing physician?"

"If no, but you were previously in counseling, when was counseling
terminated?"

"Please check the appropriate responses that describe the reasons for
counseling
__academic/career
__maintenance of medication
__eating disorder
__divorce
__substance abuse
__suicide
__family issues
__depression
__other

Summary of those items checked

...my reaction to this: "It's none of your business."