[permaculture] Robert Waldrop and the gardener's shadow

Tripp Tibbetts slowfoodguy at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 13:46:10 EST 2009

Just want to say very quickly that one of the best things to come of this lengthy discussion on the need for a formal PDC, and the potential existence of spiritual connection to the universe, was my introduction to Bob Waldrop.

Bob is an extraordinary person doing extraordinary things in Oklahoma City.  We've chatted a few times off-line since I was unusually flippant about a post he made to the thread.  I find it easy to open an email, see the black and white shapes arranged in everyday English syntax, disembodied from every amazing story behind every amazing human comprising the unique cast of characters on this list.  And in so doing, take the chance of offending and belittling people who have enriched the world around them in incalculable ways.  Bob makes me want to slow down and imagine an epic journey of discovery behind each name before I speak.

In Oklahoma City, Bob Waldrop's generous shadow must truly fall in all directions.

Bob's new friend,
Tripp

-Chinese proverb