[permaculture] Lupines and their uses.

Dieter Brand diebrand at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 05:49:17 EST 2009

Richard,

I grew 3 small test plots of soya (about 100 m2) which I irrigated. We can get night frost up to about mid-February. I broadcast the seeds in April/May into land I had converted from grass land by mulching 2 years previously. The first didn't germinate, the second was too closely spaced, but in the third plot the plants grew well. I thought that water might be a problem, but since the plants grew well, at least in the third plot, I think it probably has to do with bacteria. I will try again next year with better soil.

The white edible lupines (lupinus albus) are called tremocos, the yellow lupines (lupinus luteus L) are called tremocilhas in Portuguese.

Dieter